Prep Time: 10 Min
Total Time: 280 Min
Servings: 16 servings
- 1/2 gal. (2 qt.) vanilla ice cream
- 8 chocolate sandwich cookies
- 3/4 cup Post Alpha-Bits Wholesome Sweetened Oat & Corn Cereal
- 3/4 cup chopped unsalted peanuts
- Scoop ice cream into 32 balls, using a 1/4-cup scoop. Place in shallow wax paper-lined pan; freeze 30 min. or until firm.
- Crush cookies in plastic bag with rolling pin; set aside. Place cereal and peanuts in separate plastic bags. Add ice cream balls, one at a time, to one of the bags of coatings; close bag. Shake gently until ice cream is evenly coated. Remove ice cream from bag; wrap individually in plastic wrap. Return to freezer; freeze at least 4 hours or until firm.
- Remove desired number of ice cream balls from freezer just before serving. Unwrap balls and place 2 on each dessert plate.
Tips and Suggestions
Size-Wise: Cool off after an outdoor activity this summer with a serving of this frosty ice cream treat! Substitute: Prepare as directed, using Honey Bunches of Oats Cereal instead of the Post Alpha-Bits Cereal. Substitute: Prepare as directed, using your favorite flavor ice cream. Special Extra: Drizzle each serving with 1 Tbsp. butterscotch or chocolate syrup.
Nutrition Info (Per Serving)
|Total Fat||11 g|
|Saturated Fat||5 g|
|Dietary Fiber||2 g|
|Vitamin A||6 % DV|
|Calcium||10 % DV|
|Iron||4 % DV|