Prep Time: 10 Min
Total Time: 10 Min
Makes: 6 servings
- 1 can (20 oz.) pineapple rings, drained
- 1/4 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1/2 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 1 Tbsp. cold butter, cut up
- 1 cup Honey Bunches of Oats with Vanilla Clusters & Multi-grain Flakes Cereal
- 1-1/2 cups vanilla nonfat yogurt
- Preheat broiler. Place pineapple rings in single layer on foil-lined baking sheet; set aside. Mix brown sugar and cinnamon in medium bowl. Cut in butter with pastry blender or two knives until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Sprinkle evenly over pineapple. BROIL, 6 inches from heat, 1 to 2 min. or until sugar is melted and bubbly. Cool. Cut each pineapple slice into six pieces.
- Spoon half of the pineapple evenly into six 8-oz. dessert dishes or parfait glasses. Top each with 2 Tbsp. of the yogurt and 1 rounded tablespoonful of the cereal. Repeat all layers. Serve immediately. Store leftovers in refrigerator.
Tips and Suggestions
Substitute: Substitute 1 drained can (15 oz.) sliced peaches in light syrup for the pineapple.
Nutrition Bonus: This low-fat parfait is not only rich in vitamin C from the pineapple, but also a good source of iron from the fortified cereal.
Nutrition Info (Per Serving)
|Total Fat||2.5 g|
|Saturated Fat||1.5 g|
|Dietary Fiber||2 g|
|Vitamin A||4% DV|
|Vitamin C||40% DV|