Fruity Pebbles Crusted Chicken Tenders with Apricot Barbecue Sauce
Prep Time: 20 Min
Total Time: 40 Min
Servings: 6 servings
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 egg
- 1 Tablespoon water
- 3/4 cup Panko-style bread crumbs
- 1/4 cup ground Fruity Pebbles Cereal
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 - 1/4 to 1 - 1/2 pounds chicken breast tenders
Apricot Barbecue Sauce:
- 1/4 cup apricot jam
- 1/2 cup barbecue sauce
- Heat oven to 425°F. Line cookie sheet with foil; spray with cooking spray. In shallow dish, combine flour, salt and pepper. In another shallow dish, beat egg and water. In third shallow dish, mix bread crumbs, cereal, cheese and cayenne pepper. Lightly season both sides of each chicken tender with salt, coat chicken with flour mixture; dip into egg mixture, then coat with bread crumb mixture. Place on cookie sheet.
- Bake 15 to 20 minutes, turning once, until chicken is no longer pink in center and coating is golden brown.
- In a small bowl, combine apricot jam and barbecue sauce. Serve chicken tenders with dipping sauce.