Prep Time: 10 Min
Total Time: 10 Min
Servings: 16 servings
- 1/4 cup (1/2 stick) butter or margarine
- 1 pkg. (10-1/2 oz.) miniature marshmallows (6 cups)
- 1/3 cup sugar-sweetened soft drink mix, any flavor
- 8 cups Post Alpha-Bits Wholesome Sweetened Oat & Corn Cereal or Honeycomb Sweetened Corn and Oat Cereal
- Line 13x9-inch pan with foil; lightly grease foil.
- Microwave butter in large microwavable bowl on HIGH 45 seconds or until melted. Add marshmallows and soft drink mix; mix to coat. Microwave on HIGH 1-1/2 minutes or until marshmallows are melted and smooth, stirring after 45 seconds. Add cereal; mix to coat well.
- Press firmly into prepared pan. Cool; cut into squares. Store in airtight container.
Tips and Suggestions
Substitute: Substitute 1 envelope unsweetened soft drink mix, any flavor, for the sugar-sweetened soft drink mix.
Popcorn Balls: Prepare marshmallow mixture as directed. Substitute 3 quarts (12 cups) popped popcorn and 1 cup salted peanuts (optional) for the cereal. Shape into 15 balls or other shapes with greased or wet hands. Makes 15 servings.
Nutrition Info (Per Serving)
|Total Fat||3.5 g|
|Saturated Fat||2 g|
|Vitamin A||10 % DV|
|Vitamin C||2 % DV|
|Calcium||6 % DV|
|Iron||8 % DV|