Barbecue-Glazed Meatloaf "Muffins"
Prep Time: 10 Min
Total Time: 40 Min
Servings: 4 servings (2 muffins per serving)
- 2 cups Post Bran Flakes
- 1/2 cup barbecue sauce, divided
- 1/3 cup cholesterol-free egg product
- 3/4 lb. extra lean ground beef 1 medium yellow onion, chopped
- 1 medium green pepper, chopped
- 1/2 cup shredded carrots
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Mix cereal, 1/3 cup of the barbecue sauce and egg product in large bowl until well blended. Add remaining ingredients; mix lightly.
- Mound the meat mixture in 8 muffin cups sprayed with cooking spray. Brush tops with remaining barbecue sauce.
- Bake 30 min. or until cooked through.
Tips and Suggestions
Serving Suggestion: Serve with cooked brown rice and a quick bagged salad tossed with your favorite light reduced fat dressing.
Nutrition Bonus: Packed with nutritious ingredients, these savory meatloaf "muffins" contain carrots, a rich source of vitamin A and green peppers, which provide vitamin C. Plus, the bran flakes contribute an excellent source of iron.
Barbecue-Glazed Meatloaf Muffins
Nutrition Info (Per Serving)
|Total Fat||12 g|
|Saturated Fat||4.5 g|
|Dietary Fiber||5 g|
|Vitamin A||100 % DV|
|Vitamin C||25 % DV|
|Calcium||6 % DV|
|Iron||45 % DV|